To see my outfits and thoughts check out my blog!
I had a request to give some tips on how to find the latest trends and styles without overspending, so I thought I’d do just that! As a college student living in Southern California I am constantly surrounded by fashionistas who have no problem going and spending to their hearts content, but on my budget that just won’t fly. I’ve learned how to get the pieces I’ve been desiring without breaking the bank and the secret is: persistence and patience.
1. Get on the email list to your favorite stores.
-I’ve joined the mailing list for all my favorite stores because then I always know when there’s a sale and usually stores let you in on the secret of their sales first.
2. Buy at a discount.
- While places like Nordstrom Rack can be a headache and extremely overwhelming, shopping there can be of great reward. Never go on the weekends and give yourself plenty of time to shop. It’s generally not an in and out shopping trip.
3. Shop online and use coupon codes.
- Most places have coupon codes for shopping online. All you have to do is google “online coupons for (insert brand here)”.
4. Keep going back.
- Sometimes it just takes returning to the store over and over to finally get that dress you’ve been wanting (but can’t afford) on sale!
A few of my many successes: