DPL’s Fresh City Life announces a call to designers. For their third design competition, Frock Out: Come Undone, Fresh City Life partners with Brandi Shigley of Fashion Denver and they’ll host Denver’s young, creative designers for Spring’s most exciting fashion event.
Frock Out: Come Undone: Independent Designers Challenge
The Denver Public Library’s Fresh City Life and Brandi Shigley / Fashion Denver announce a call to designers for Frock Out: Independent Designers Challenge – a runway show and exhibit.
Juried designers will show five designs (one designer’s choice created especially for Frock Out, and four challenge pieces that can be new or from the designer’s current collections). Twelve designers will be accepted for this runway show and exhibit.
· All designers must schedule an interview with the jury panel on Saturday, January 21st 9:00am-1:00pm. To schedule your interview time, please contact email@example.com .
· Portfolio reviews will be held at the audtions.
· One challenge piece must be completed, ready to exhibit and delivered to The Denver Public Library Fresh City Lounge on or before March 14.
· The other four designs must be completed and ready for runway rehearsal on Wednesday, April 18.
· All challenge designers must agree to donate one of their challenge garments. This piece will be silent auctioned during the reception following the runway show. All profits from the sale of this dress will benefit Fresh City Life cultural programming at The Denver Public Library. All other designs remain the property of the designer.
- Designers Challenge Exhibit – March 20-April 18. Dresses will be displayed in Schlessman Hall at The Denver Public Library. They will also be available for viewing in an online gallery accessible thru Brandi Shigley with Fashion Denver and DPL websites.
- Frock Out Denver: Independent Designers Challenge Runway Show – Thursday, April 19th, Schlessman Hall, The Central Library.
- Winning Designer’s Grand Prize: package totaling $2000. Includes a $500 cash prize and additional hotel, restaurant, and fabric gifts and certificates equal to $1500.
Designers should plan to bring the following to their jury selection interview:
- three sample pieces
- photographs and measurements of the ‘muse’ or model who will be wearing their collection for Frock Out.
For additional info, go to fashiondenver.com/frockout2012 or denverlibrary.org/fresh. To schedule a portfolio review and interview for jury selection, call 720-974-2200 or email Brandi at Brandi@fashiondenver.com
# # #
For additional info —
Media Contact: Chris Loffelmacher
The Denver Public Library
Ph.: 720.865.1205; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org