Fashion Camp Summer Edition
Saturday, July 23rd 10am-5pm (Next camp October 22nd)
2590 Walnut Street
Denver, CO 80205
Fashion Camp is designed for young fashion enthusiasts ages 5-15 to learn about the fashion industry and dive into the world of design!
- Getting to know you! Being confident and kind and stylish and fabulous all the while being the authentic YOU! Whitney Gale will be our kindness coordinator and has inspired many people with being their authentic self. She is currently writing a book.
- Journal Making! The Urban Angels will be leading an activity of accessorizing a journal with trims and buttons and fun accents. Campers will make a journal and we’ll have a quick writing activity to start the journal with positivity and love. The Urban Angels will also be collecting school supplies and clothes that our campers have outgrown for the children in need in Jefferson County through the Jeffco Action Center.
Fashion Sketching with Elle Powell! Learn the basics of fashion sketching and sketch the idea for your outfit before you begin the design process. Elle is an amazing artist and illustrator and we are thrilled to have her share her passion with us! http://www.ellepowellart.com/
- Making upcycled fashions. This exercise is a 2 part process. First, we will be working with streetwear designer Jeremy Willard on deconstructing an old garment and shaping it into a new design. This could be taking dad’s old t-shirt and turning it into a summer dress!
- Embellishments! Once the new shape has taken place, the chair of the Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design, Darlene Ritz, will lead the campers through creating embellishments to accent their design. This includes adding trim, making a flower decoration, and so much more! Darlene C Ritz began her fashion career in New York city designing women’s sportswear and has worked with companies in Tokyo, Toronto, Los Angeles, and all cities over the country and international.
- Learning to walk the runway and pose for the camera! The beautiful Tennisia Littleton will be leading this teaching our campers how to be confident on the runway and in front of the camera. We incorporate really fun activities on this portion of the camp. Last time, Vanessa Heart did Musical Poses… like musical chairs. Music stops… POSE!
- Getting hair and makeup done by our amazing local stylists. It is always so much fun to see our campers get pampered. They will get their hair and makeup done as they get ready to walk down the runway! We’re thrilled to be working with Shadie of Flaunt Salon, Tiaja Pierre and Tennisia on making our little models sparkle!
- Presenting the fashion designs on the red carpet runway! This part is always so much fun to watch! Campers have worked hard all day and now it is time to show off their design on the runway!
There is so much fun to be had in this 1 day fashion camp! This camp is almost full! We have 5 more spots open so get your little fashionista enrolled soon before it fills up!
All photos by Meredith Harris Photographers. She is absolutely amazing at capturing the moment and we are so grateful to have worked with her for our past 2 camps!