Are you loving these looks like we do?! Justin Great may be new to the Denver Fashion scene but he is ready to get his name out there! Click PressRelease_Justin Great Season 2-Event to view details about his upcoming Season 2 release and how to attend.
December 28, 2017 – New York: A place where stars are born, the food is delicious, and the shopping is fabulous. With a family of eight and a filled itinerary, there was plenty to get done in the Big Apple. From the Rockefeller tree to a few Broadway musicals, New York was nothing short of magical. And of course, as always, the outfits were dazzling! Continue reading New York City – Outfit Adventures
Christmas is quickly approaching and with that creative geniuses are booming. Do you have someone is your life that adores fashion? Aspires to design or maybe even market one day? Fashion Denver’s fashion camp is no doubt the perfect gift for them. Not only will there be a plentiful abundance of beads, glitter, and every single type of textile they could ever want, they will also get the chance to let their creative juices flow around others with interests similar to them. Fashion Denver’s studio space is also an innovative place for them to create. From designing to the actual making process, they get to be hands on in developing a dream vision of theirs. Guests will also make appearances to help encourage and facilitate the creative geniuses, but the creation is all in their hands. Come join Fashion Denver and give your fashionista not only a gift, but a fabulous experience!
December 20, 2017 – As we start seeing a few predictions of snow in one week, it’s clear… winter is coming. Though it has been unusually warm this winter season, that doesn’t mean it’s not going to start getting chilly SOMETIME soon. It can prove difficult to try and balance a cute outfit with a warm, cozy one in the freezing temperatures. I have come up with a few tips for creating the perfect balance:
- LAYERING IS KEY! This is the most important tip in the winter when dressing. When layering, you have the ability to take articles off and add them. So when you get indoors, you can take off your coat and scarf and still have a cute sweater underneath and, depending on how cold it is, maybe even a turtleneck under that. Your outfit will still prove to be cute even when you shed the layers. Then when you need to head back outside into the frozen winter wonderland, you can utilize your adorable winter coat to stay warm and stylish at the same time.
2. Make use of hats. Hats, while being a major fashion statement can also be an essential to keeping one warm. They create a warm environment for the ears to stay toasty in, which I always find get super cold super fast. Especially since a lot of trendy hats have been circulating in the fashion world lately, there are a lot of styling options that a hat can be implemented into.
3. Keep heavy articles of clothing at the center of your outfit. Always pick up those thick knit sweaters or that heavily lined trouser that you love. Not only are these probably some of your favorite articles in your closet (I LIVE off of chunky sweaters in the winter) but they are going to keep you the warmest. Plus, it’s more than likely that they’re going to lay perfectly on your body too, giving you a flattering shape. I always size my sweaters up to achieve maximum chunkiness and the cutest look, in my opinion.
4. Winter accessories are your best friend! Believe it or not, scarves were originally made to keep the neck warm, not for fashion. Now, it’s obvious that they have transformed into more than just a piece of cloth to keep you warm. They aid an outfit into a stronger fashion statement while still saving you from the cold. Along with that are gloves, ear muffs, and adorable thick socks. The greatest thing about them is they can be so stylish while adding to the level of warmth you experience.
5. Layer with your jeans. An odd tip that not a lot of people seem to think about is putting leggings under jeans. Sometimes in the cold winter weather, jeans can be uncomfortable and can get cold quickly. Throwing on a pair of leggings under a solid pair of jeans (remember to make sure your jeans don’t have rips unless that’s the look you’re going for) can elevate your comfort level to its absolute max!
6. A seemingly not effective tip to staying cozy in the cold is wearing tights. Tights are timeless, classy, and so chic, they will never go out of style. I’ve always noticed that even though tights seem like they don’t do much, the difference between bare legs and tights is immense. And, like all of the other tips, these will upgrade your outfit with the simplest touch.
I hope some of these tips can help keep you cozy in the winter and most importantly STYLISH. Although it may be a challenge, it can be done. Don’t ever let the cold keep you from showing off your style!
We are super excited to introduce Sydney Scarola to the Fashion Denver team! Without any further ado…. SYDNEY!
Hello fellow fashion lovers, my name is Sydney and I’m so excited to be apart of the Fashion Denver squad! From a young age I always found myself trying on my mom’s designer shoes, which were five sizes too big for me, playing with her lipsticks, which I definitely couldn’t even line my lips properly, and was always being opinionated on what she wore. Thanks to her heavy influence and extensive fashion knowledge, I became enthralled with the fashion world and all it had to offer.
I’m inspired by the creative field and endless limits, the ability for individual expression, and the energy and ever changing pace. I have a YouTube channel where I post anything from fashion look books to beauty tips and tricks. This has allowed me an outlet to express myself and share some of my personal style views.
Being apart of the Fashion Denver squad is everything I’ve ever dreamed of. I couldn’t think of anything more fitting for me and it is truly my dream to be apart of this team!
Read Sydney’s blog posts here by clicking this link!
Follow her insta at @sydneyscarola
December 9th/10th, 2017 – Handmade and local was all the rage this past weekend at the Jackalope Market held at the McNichols Building in Downtown Denver. Sponsored by The Golden Retriever Rescue of the Rockies, Denver Public Library, Hello Fresh, Willow, LowBrow, Studio Colfax, and Yelp, this was a fun, family event to attend.
All photos courtesy of Sydney Scarola
From the moment you walk in, you’re faced with an extremely tough decision: what do I want to buy? Because this fair hosted over 150 vendors, each stand was unique and Colorado proud. I loved these hand drawn maps and pictures.Thalken jewelry was my favorite jewelry stand at the event. Their dainty, delicate pieces were elegant yet sharp at the same time. For me, I am in love with small necklaces as I think they do a lot by being little. They can add to a look or tie together clothing pieces by breaking them up (contradictory statement, I know). Based out of Lousiville, their pieces would be the perfect gift for a loved one.
Sweet Caroline Confections added a completely unique and satisfying touch to the world of lollipops. These sparkle lollipops were gorgeously crafted and could work as the perfect stocking stuffer for any person, any age! I was so impressed by the rare spin these seemingly simple treats took. They even offered a slew of flavors, from Champagne to Nutella, these lollipops not only looked gorgeous, they tasted even better!
The Sleep Over Stick was a huge hit for my family and I. Knowing what skin junkies we are, it was hard to walk right past so we had to stop. We were impressed to learn the idea behind it – a simple but genius one. The package comes with two sticks that are meant to be used on the go. From the gym bag to a sleepover, the cleansing stick will help you stay fresh while the hydrating stick restores the necessary moisture back into your skin. Sold in stores like Anthropologie, this is a necessity for all skin lovers!
Who knew that cookies could be such a beautiful art form? Sweet Treats by Melissa showed me an art I had never seen before. These cookies were stunning, and I mean STUNNING. It was true art in an edible form, what more is there to love? All handcrafted by the talented Melissa, these sweet treats are almost too exquisite to eat.
The Jackalope Fair was quite the event. Between all of the talented vendors and unique ideas, my family and I had a wonderful afternoon. I know all of these companies will be successful with their extraordinary ideas.
December 8, 2017 – Miami flavor hit the heart of Denver on Friday night with the Luxe303 fashion show at Nativ Hotel. With cuban food, tasty drinks, hot music, and trendy clothing, this was not an event to miss.
All photos courtesy of Sydney Scarola
One of the first few outfits to walk out struck the crowd with a flavor they couldn’t resist cheering for. The owner and creator of this line, Dani, stepped out on stage to model her own design. A light electric blue lace jumpsuit took center stage. Paired with a small belt to cinch the waist, this combination was nothing short of flattering. Extra fabric flowed off the sides of the legs to give it that va-va-voom. The high neckline and snug fit offered a sexy look while still keeping it sophisticated.
The menswear was classy and proper, it impressed me to say the least. Perfectly tailored suits seamlessly flowed down the runway. The structure was perfect and created an elegance. This gorgeous deep blue blazer with a dainty pattern on it mixed the right amount of proper and casual together. It fit the model like a dream and accentuated the shoulders, arms, and midsection just right. “Male model off duty” was the perfect way to describe this look. The light outerwear coat was simple and understated, perfect to pair with any look. The marbled buttons gave it some detailing and when paired with the multi-toned scarf, the model was ready to take NYC by storm.
Up next, a unique style strutted down the stage giving Denver something it has never seen. A jumpsuit with a mesh underlaying formed to the body while long fringe hung off in tiers. The long thin straps offered a low back, showing the perfect amount of skin. Fringe was the star of the show and it danced beautifully as the model glided down runway.
Casual men’s streetwear took off with a twist. The Miami flavor had taken over with this look. A black long sleeve button up was complete with some color blocking near the beginning of the sleeves. When paired with it’s reverse, a white jean with distressed knees and black paint like strokes nearing the bottom, this look screamed night out in Miami. These slick pieces were universal and could be styled a multitude of ways.
Between the next three suit looks, my jaw was on the floor. Not only did these look INCREDIBLE on the models, the construction of them was something not often seen in Denver. The color coordination was powerful and the tailoring made the men look smooth and stylish. Between the blues, reds, and blacks, these men looked nothing short of dapper and complicated. This is the “I-effortlessly-pickup-ladies-everywhere-I-go” look.
This next piece was a show stopper. Between the color blocked sequins and bright colors, this dress was turning heads. Short and flirty, it elongated the models legs. It was the perfect dress to rock at the club on a warm, summer night. The plunging neckline complimented by the change in color to black and gold was sexy and classy at the same time.
One of my favorite women’s pieces of the night was a ravishing two piece set. Embroidered lace and gorgeous ivory and fleshy tones complimented the feminine, sophisticated look. The scalloped detailing on the pants and sleeves added another womanly touch. This set would be perfect for a summer brunch with girlfriends or a night out.
Classic and tasteful – what better way to describe a dress like this one? Although all of the trendy pieces were to die for, sometimes it’s good to see that original, classic black dress. With its long length, fitted form, and high neckline, this dress screamed ball gown to me. With the added flare of the almost hip high slit and lace detailing down the sides of the slit, this piece still offered a little bit of Miami.
One of my favorite ending pieces was a dazzling metallic gown. The brown-gold color was unique and the sparkle that the dress emanated left the model looking radiant. Another almost hip high slit was charming and added an enchanting component to the dress. All together, this dress was a dashing success.
Between the classic items and the more trendy pieces, Miami definitely left its mark on Denver. Luxe303 is going to continue with its success, leaving a little bit of Miami spice everywhere it goes.
It’s truly a worry-free sunglass disposal plan!